Vegan Chocolate Chip cookies
6 large cookies
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour (I used the Trader Joe’s brand but any will work)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (I used the Trader Joe’s brand but any will work)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (I used the Target brand)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (I used Parker’s pure New York maple syrup)
- 1 egg replacer (recipe to follow)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups semisweet vegan chocolate chips (I used the Trader Joe’s brand)
Preheat oven at 350 degrees F, and lightly butter (I used Earth Balance) medium-size baking pan. In a medium-size bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Then in another medium-size bowl, combine the brown sugar, maple syrup, egg replacer, and vanilla, and mix until it’s blended. After the brown sugar, maple syrup and etc bowl is blended, slowly pour in the bowl that contains the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt). Mix the dry ingredients until it is combined with the wet ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips and take a spoon and scoop out six balls of dough. Place cookie dough balls onto the lightly buttered pan. Make sure each cookie has space to spread so they they wont bake into each other. Bake cookies for 15 to 18 minutes or until they are golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes and then serve.
Inspired by Mom’s best chocolate chip cookies and @delightfulmornings ….